Cotton French terry fabric for autumn and winter fashion
Cotton French Terry spandex fabric, the English name is collectively known as French Terry. As a fabric originating from a cold country (Europe), the fabric was born in the 19th century and after many improvements, Cotton French terry has been widely used and popularized all over the world, including countries with a hot and humid weather like Vietnam.
So what is Cotton French terry fabric?
Cotton French terry fabric is knitted from 2 knitting needles forming 2 different inner and outer sides. The yarn composition of cotton spandex includes 65% or more natural cotton yarn or 95% cotton and 5% spandex yarn to increase elasticity. Cotton French terry has a smooth and tight outer surface. The inside has circles layered alternately like fish skin or crab legs, that's why the fabric is called crab leg fabric or fish skin fabric depending on the size of the layered circles on the inside of the fabric. .
Cotton French terry fabric is quite high-class fabric, so it is quite expensive compared to tici because of its very high content of natural cotton fibers.
Advantages of Cotton French terry fabric
- Fabric retains heat very well, so it is suitable for autumn and winter outfits
- Good water absorption as well as sweat absorption
- The durability of the fabric is quite high
- Good anti-multiply fabric, no deformation, good elasticity and elasticity
- Fabrics come in a variety of colors and patterns thanks to the ability of polyester fibers to catch colors
Disadvantages of Cotton French terry fabric:
- The fabric is quite thick and heavy
- Hot if worn in Spring, Summer
Cotton French terry fabric for sewing hoodies, autumn and winter coats or sportswear. Most large and small fashion brands have high-end product lines using this cotton French terry fabric. In addition, cotton French terry fabric is also used to sew blankets, floor mats, and interior products