Poly spandex and the advantages, disadvantages of poly spandex
Spandex fabric is very diverse in types and that leads to people's misconception that all spandex fabrics are cotton spandex, in which poly spandex fabric is often confused as such.
Poly spandex fabric is a line of fabrics woven from man-made fibers, which are created from coal and petroleum. This fabric has been around for a long time (since the 30s and 40s of the last century) and has high applicability in human life. About the structure of poly spandex fabric, it is composed of 95% polyester and 5% spandex. Why 5% spandex? It is aimed at increasing the elasticity and stretchiness of the fabric.
But the advantages of poly spandex are:
- Very good wrinkle resistance thanks to, used for fashion and interior sewing
- Glossy, smooth, flat fabric surface increases dust and dirt resistance
- High antibacterial ability
- Good elasticity thanks to 5% spandex yarn ratio
- High strength of fabric, difficult to burn
The limitations of poly spandex are:
- Fabric is heavy because of its high thickness
- Poor sweat absorption, feeling hot and not suitable for summer wear
For more information about poly spandex or polyester spandex, please contact Song King Group sales department for specific advice and quotation.